And for every console I own, too. No seriously. It’s been about seven years (before I started playing World of Warcraft, LOL) since I’ve bought so many games in such a short amount of time. Back then I was back and forth between my Game Boy Advance and Gamecube. I shared a PS2 with my brothers but most of my time was spent on the ‘Cube and GBA.
Here’s my current list by console. All of the games listed I bought between July 27 and today.
- 3DS: Rune Factory 4 (still in progress), Pokemon Y (currently playing), Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Still in progress), Shin Megami Tensei IV (beat the game once, working on Neutral Ending), Code of Princess in progress), Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (in progress).
- DS: Pokemon Black (currently playing), Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (haven’t played yet), Chrono Trigger DS (still in progress), Diddy Kong Racing DS (haven’t played yet but beat the original Nintendo 64 version), Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 (haven’t started either game yet!).
- Vita: Persona 4 Golden (On second playthrough), Valhalla Knights 3 (currently playing), Dragon’s Crown (still in progress) and Gravity Rush (haven’t played yet).
- Xbox 360: Assassin’s Creed 1 and 2 (still in progress for both), Halo and Crackdown 3 (haven’t started either FREE games yet!), Ducktales Remastered (cleared the game, working on 100% Gallery) and Duke Nuken 3D (still in progress).
- PSP: Persona 3 Portable (currently playing)
- PS3: Tales of Graces f (currently playing)
- Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles (currently playing but got before July) and Trauma Team (haven’t played yet)
- PC: Guild Wars 2, Civilization V: Brave New World and Final Fantasy VII (currently playing all of ’em!).
…That’s ALOT of games!
Fortunately the backlog is WAY bigger on my handhelds compared to my consoles. Most of my Backlog on my Xbox 360 I got for free thanks to Microsoft’s Free With Gold promotion running through the end of the year. I don’t expect to have the time to put a dent in the above lists until the December break. Most of the games listed I bought and played until something else grabbed my attention.
This is the first time I can remember playing more than 4 systems at the same time. At any given time I always have my Laptop and my 3DS with me when I leave my house. Sometimes I have my PSP Go, DS Lite and Vita as well. Naturally that’s alot of equipment to be carrying around and of them, the Vita’s too big to fit in my pockets. Given most of the kids at my school found out I have a Vita when I used it to record a school event two weeks ago I’ve stopped bringing it to work. I’m not worried about it getting stolen (I don’t work in a school where that would be a concern) but more of it being a distraction.
So I keep my 3DS in my pocket at all times at work. I use my cellphone as a hotspot when I’m not home so I always have a reliable internet connection with me, Anyway, reviews and first-look previews will be coming in the next few weeks for many of the games listed.
In case anyone’s wondering, there are only one more 3DS game coming out this year I want to buy: Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. It comes to the 3DS later this week. After that I’m prettymuch done until Super Smash Bros. 3DS.
Before the reviews, later this week I will write a blog on a recent development with Capcom and a case of blatant censorship that happened to You Tube blogger TotalBiscuit.