Warlords of Draenor Pre-Patch (6.0.2) now Live; Thousands of Lazy, Clueless WoW Players returning

I’ve been seeing this since Wrath of the Lich King’s Pre-Patch but each time since it’s been becoming worse and there are more of them. I’m talking about folks who typically speed run through the expansions early on, leave until the next one comes out, make ZERO effort to research changes being made, come back for the Pre-Patch (how they know when it’s coming is beyond me, Blizzard doesn’t send an email the night/week before or anything), are confused as fuck and want those who’ve been following news, reading patch notes and played Beta to explain things to them.


That’s not my fucking job. Nor is anyone else obligated to explain to you what you should’ve researched on your own. It’s like trying to fly a commercial plane after taking a few years off but without taking a refresher course just because you have years of experience.

Times Change.

Grom is not amused with clueless challengers.

The difference between the QQ from WoD during pre-patch and MoP during pre-patch is 70% of the QQ (yes, I pulled that guesstimate out my ass, sue me) from WoD’s is from those who decided to come back without at least reading the patch notes ahead of time. The other 30% is from the rest of us who are finding things that were either brought up in Beta or need to be adjusted in live. I’m not lumping those who didn’t want to be spoiled in with them because I can respect those who want to be surprised.

As a reminder, Warlords of Draenor goes live November 13. If you preordered the expansion digitally (standard or special edition), you don’t need to do anything but wait for the day big day. The last time I tried to log in on day 1 of an expansion’s launch was Wrath of the Lich King. Internet almost died, too. I will probably try knowing it’ll be in vain before waiting until the next day.

As a reminder, Warlords of Draenor comes with one free Boost to Level 90 for you to use on any character level 1-90. I’ve seen alot of pushback against it by the usual folks who would never use it but just don’t like the idea of it existing. It may have felt game-breaking up to now to many but come WoD, it simply allows them to jump right into Draenor. Instead of going through the older content first.

Me, right now I’m working on getting my Paladin geared enough to do the Level 90 version of Upper Blackrock Spire. The minimum ilevel to get in is 510. My Paladin’s is 492. Easier said than done given I never did Siege of Orgrimmar since I took a huge chunk of time away from WoW during MoP. I think I’ll be able to pull it off but I know I have some hoops to jump through and hoping some folks who have the last two major tiers on farm don’t care about ilevel. The 3000G I spent on getting DPS gear to get into the Throne of Thunder raid (Raid Finder Version) will certainly help XD

I got the level 85 version of Theramore’s Fall so…yeah. Something about those pre-events…


This entry was posted in Blog, Brendan Aurabolt, News, Preview, Serene Adventure, Video Games, World of Warcraft and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.