I make this pitch knowing it’s very unlikely to happen. Even so, the idea’s been brewing in my head for a while so at the very least I hope folks can see how much effort I put into this post ^_^
I want to start by going into the Lore side of it:
After the conflict against the Iron Horde, the Alliance and the Horde have decided to bolster their existing outposts on Azeroth and Outland, putting either its Champions (Level 90-100 Characters), Veterans (Level 60-90 Characters) or Heroes (Level 1-60 Characters) in charge. In addition to improving existing outposts, Adventurers will also be given full control of a major outpost on Outland, Northrend and Pandaria. Using the blueprints they either gained on Draenor or developed on Azeroth/Outland Faction Outposts, Adventurers will be able to customize their new Garrisons on Azeroth/Outland further than the one they built on Draenor.
Now let’s talk about where you can build your Garrison(s). Like Draenor, the zone depends on your faction:
- On Outland, Alliance Players will be given full control of the Allerian Stronghold in Terrokar Forrest while Horde Players will have Stonebreaker Hold, also in Terrokar Forest. Now leading the Alliance/Horde forces on Outland, you direct your forces to take on the Burning Legion and the followers of Illidan and Kael’thas.
- On Northrend, Alliance Players will be given full control of Valgarde in Howling Fjord while Horde Players will have Warsong Hold in Borean Tundra. Now leading the Alliance/Horde forces on Northrend, you direct your forces to take on the Scourge, the Blue Dragonflight and the Scarlet Onslaught.
- On Pandaria, Alliance Players will be given full control of Westwind Hold (formerly Westwind Camp) in Kun-Lai Summit while Horde Players will have Eastwind Hold (formerly Eastwind Camp), also in Kun-Lai Summit. Now leadering the Alliance/Horde forces on Pandaria, you direct your forces to take on Alliance/Horde aggression in the fight for Pandaria as well as the Mogu, Mantid, Yaungol and Zandalari.
- Once a player has gained Exalted status with Stormwind, Ironforge and Gilneas, they will be tasked by King Varian Wrynn, King Genn Greymane and The Council of Three Hammers to retake Southshore in Hillsbrad Foothills for the Alliance and rebuild it. It will then be used as a forward base as the Alliance marches north to establish a new stronghold in the Ruins of Alterac. Players will be able to begin this campaign starting at level 30.
- Once a player has gained exalted status with Orgrimmar, the Bilgewater Cartel and Thunder Bluff, they will be directed by Warchief Vol’Jin, Trade Prince Gallywix and Chief Baine Bloodhoof to retake Taurajo in the Southern Barrens and rebuild it. It will then be used as a forward base as the Horde moves to eject the Alliance outposts from the Barrens, builds a bridge across The Great Divide and turns The Crossroads into a reinforced stronghold for the Horde. Players will be able to begin this campaign starting at level 30.
That’s just in regards to bases you get. As I mentioned at the top, you will also shore up existing Faction Outposts on Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms level 1-60 or beyond if you are over level 60. If you don’t do the Outpost Upgrades at level, enemies and quest rewards will scale to your level. Once the upgrade is complete, the commanding officer will give you a blueprint that you can use with your Garrion on Outland, Northrend, Pandaria or Southshore/Taurajo.
…In light of recent announcements made by Blizzard, I am now less than optimistic this idea will even be given a second glance. That and I’m mostly pissed with Blizzard over a few comments made in a Live interview with a member of the Dev Time yesterday. For more on that, see this blog post on Flying in Draenor.
In addition to what I said there, the Dev literally said the Warlock Demonology Spec is getting nerfed into oblivion. Up to Cataclysm, I rolled a Warlock as my main. The nerfs forced me to reroll my Paladin as my main. So, after my existing prepaid time runs out, I will go ahead and uninstall WoW from my computer. This is the last straw for me. Unlike when I unsubbed before, this timr I’m actually pissed with Blizzard so…yeah.
I actually had other WoW-related posts in mind but in light of the recent news, those are cancelled.